I’ve added a few things recently
1. If you are on a books main page you can now click on the image in the top left and it should open up a larger version of the image using LightWindow.
2. You can now see all the users who have read a specific book.
I’ve added links to some social bookmarking websites to books, reviews and users. The following sites have been added…
They have been placed below the image section on the left hand side of the page. I hope some people find this useful. You can see the changes here.
The past few days I’ve made the following changes, let me know what you think.
- Added a compatibility rating. Once you are logged in you can navigate to any other users page and it will give you a rating depending on how similar your tastes are. You can see this at the bottom of the left hand panel on any users page, except your own page of course.
- Combined all the search functions, you can now search books, authors, users and tags. I realise this is still quite limited so I will be adding an advanced search option over the next few days which will allow you to search by book and author at the same time.
- Captcha added to signup page.
- Book score chart updated. Now only books which have a certain number of ratings will be counted. This prevents a 10 vote from one user propelling a book into the top 100.
- Added a reply link on all comments.
- You can now tell bookwormr for which events you would like notification. For instance if you would rather not be sent an email when someone comments on one of your reviews. You can change these settings on the options page under Email Notification Preferences.
Well that’s it for now. I appreciate any feedback on these new features and on the site in general.
This is the blog for the website bookwormr. I will be posting details of any improvements made to the site and hopefully it can also act as a forum for users. If you have any ideas for improving the site or you are having problems, this is the place to let me know.